Knoxville TN

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Go & Do...

   Well, this is it! I am finally being set apart. The stake presidency will arrive at 6:45 p.m. along with the bishop and my grandparents. I can only imagine my family is as anxious as I am. The anticipation waiting for something as huge as this cuts like a knife. But I can't think of anything I would rather experience at this moment in time.
   I wish I could tell you this past little while waiting for this day has been easy, but that would be a lie. The devil seems to be present every moment of every day. He has pushed and pulled, tugged and teased at every possible nerve he can. The emotions I feel when the oppression is present are indescribable, and the thoughts that had come to my mind I would not wish on anyone. Lucifer has given his all in attempting to fill me with doubt, but that is all it has been-an attempt. Meaning he failed in his efforts to push me down. All those moments of darkness and loneliness have given me is an extra boost of confidence and strength. For in those moments, the Lord has shown me the light and lended his hand. He never left me alone, and I know he will continue to stand by me every second of this 18 month journey.
   To all the friends and family that claim they will miss me while I am away, I have this to say:
Do not worry about me, for I will not be worrying about you. As you and I go about our daily routines whatever they may be there will be an angel, a guardian watching over you. How do I know this? Because this is what I asked of him and will continue to ask of him in every prayer I say and with those that remain in my heart. Time will fly by, you will see. And with that time that we are apart, I do not intend to count the days. For I intend to make those days count.
Write me earnestly is all I ask of you, and I will do my best to respond. I love you all!
Sincerely, Sister Jordann Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment